Thursday 14 June 2012

Adults Martial Arts

OK, so you've come this far. I guess then you have some interest in what we offer.Either you're a member, in which case you know the philosophy and your working it! Or, you are a guest or you've been recommended to have a look here.

Well this is the section dealing with Adults. Naturally of course, I'm going to treat you like one, an adult that is. I'm going to tell you how it is and how it can be. I'm not going to lie to you, deceive you or try to pull the wool over your eyes.

You've found your way here for a reason. You have a want. You want to be fit. You want to learn defence. You want to be more confident. You want to find a hobby or sport.
Well in this regards I have good news and bad news. The bad news is that I'm not here to give you what you want.The good news is that I can show you how to get what you need.

You see if I give you what you want then I become an accomplice to your inertia. I become a jailer ( albeit I hope, a benevolent one) to your prison of self defined limitations.  Can I even , actually give you anything?

Well to a point I can, but, I will not.

Here's the reasons. If I spoon feed you with the superficial attributes of martial arts then you become like so many others who try out the arts. The reveal here is the word "try"

My friends there is no try ,only do.

Now what I can "do" is to show you how you can educate, engage, inspire, articulate , build, create, define and follow your "Way".
I can and I will commit as a teacher to fully motivate and engage with you in fulfilling your needs. Those deep rooted desires that secretly motivate you. I will also promise you this,  you will not fail through lack of my effort.
You are in control of your own destiny and ability as a person and as a martial artist ( or potential martial artist)

Your curriculum will not be just about kick, punch, block and lock. I am a 50+ year old teacher. My journey has brought me down many roads. I have been up and down, in and out and all degrees in between. I have been there done that , worn the t shirt and carry the scars, literally, of a life hard lived.
So I offer you this:

An opportunity to train, physically, mentally, spiritually. To engage with yourself, your family, your peers and your community.To fully develop your potential , to be an educator , a leader, an activist in your community.

You will learn:
Self defence,real self defence, the kicks, the punches,  the strikes, the locks ,the diets (yes the diets,actually you'll learn to create the diets), the illness prevention , the 10 most common attacks ( and they are not kicks and punches etc).

You will educate:
Yourself, your family, your peers, your community.

You will advocate:
All that is good in martial arts, fitness, defence, health, community, endeavor, spirit, loyalty, respect, brotherhood and sisterhood.

You will exude:
Confidence, good health, self esteem, kindness, empathy, compassion.

You will achieve:
Contentment, health, calmness of spirit,  the joy of giving, the satisfaction of a job well done, the company and respect of many fine people.

And...you'll learn what it is that you need , and how to get it.

For free advice on martial arts training, lessons and related topics feel free to contact me on 089-4567533 or email me on aemartialartist@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment