Friday 15 June 2012

Inertia

This morning as I sit here seeking inspiration I'm inclined to wonder wheterI've hit my intellectual wall? I mean, I'm familiar with the concept in regard to marathon runners and I've transversed many plateaus during my years training. But right now my colossus of brick seems to by those formed in my mind.

 Perhaps my neural pathways are clogged with too much traffic or outside  stimuli. The upshot of it is that despite my best efforts here I cant seem to grasp an idea or thought. I guess that they are there . Floating in the ether somewhere. But like elusive quicksilver they are just out of my grasp. Perhaps the environment here doesn't help. Currently I'm sitting in my home with  the rhythmic dripping of water bouncing off the tiled floor. The result of a slipped tile. As its bucketing down , a nod to my plastic receptacles dotted around the kitchen floor, take a bow lads, I can't at present ascend my roof and aligning the offending tile. Oh and yes, I forget my leg is recovering from a severe break.So I'm not going to give my best rendition of my spider man impersonation right now.

Still back to the task at hand . I'm kinda stuck. I have a lot to say. But what? What gems can I find lost in my distracted mind? I have opinions, views , information that I think someone may like to hear , share comment on. So what have I got to do to get them in order, and then out into the world.

OK . This is a challenge. This is now an opportunity to grow. If  I were  mentoring  a student how would I go about inspiring that person.? Hard to know. When someone is stuck what do we do to get that person moving again. Perhaps we recognise the potential for movement, for growth, for expression. But how does one ignite the spark.

Let me think. ........

This is how I see it. In order for me to move forward I need to look at the principle of inertia

The term "inertia" is more properly understood as shorthand for "the principle of inertia" as described by Newton in his First Law of Motion. This law, expressed simply, says that an object that is not subject to any net external force moves at a constant velocity. In even simpler terms, inertia means that an object will always continue moving at its current speed and in its current direction until some force causes its speed or direction to change. This would include an object that is not in motion (velocity = zero), which will remain at rest until some force causes it to move.


OK got all that...............?

So I guess my velocity is now zero..........mmmm  so now I need some force to move me!

OK so I'm going to use force , borrow it even ( thank you Kenpo) , but either way I will move. In what direction I know not. But move I will. I 'll pick a thought and chase it down with all the vigour of a mental predator ( sounds scary to me though!) Still nothing ventured nothing gained. Ah, a chink of light in the darkness. Inspiration! A remembered conversation! A beacon in my mindful mind. Now. I can move. I can think. I can do. And you can too. Pick a subject. Quickly! Anything! Take it , run with it,  pursue it, develop it, own it. Now . Your doing!

So am I.

May your force be with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment